Calling all MOSI supporters
MOSI is calling on all its supporters and everyone who enjoys visiting the Museum to help it adapt to a fast-changing funding landscape.
The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) recently announced that MOSI, and a number of other Museums that offer free entry, will have to seek out alternative sponsorship arrangements from 2015. The DCMS will work with MOSI to identify potential solutions over the coming months. Please read their briefing for further details. MOSI's response can be found here.
We would like to thank everyone who has expressed their support for MOSI since the news was announced. It is now more important than ever for the Museum, which is a registered charity, to raise funds from a wide range of sources. We are working hard to do this, and if you would like to support the Musuem, there are a number of ways in which you can help MOSI to thrive in this challenging time:
- Make a donation to the Museum – we are currently raising money for our Head of Steam campaign – either on-line, by post, or by putting some money into one of our donation boxes when you visit us.
- Buy a ticket for one of our special events – all proceeds support the Museum in bringing innovation to life like no other.
- Become a Member and receive great discounts in the Coffee Shop, Restaurant and Gift Shop, exhibition previews and lots more.
- Use our new Conference Centre or one of our galleries for a private function or business event.
- If you are a teacher, visit MOSI with your class and book a classroom in our new Learning Loft.
- Find out how your business or organisation could benefit through becoming a Corporate Member or sponsor of MOSI
With your help, MOSI can rise to the challenge and remain a Museum that offers free entry to everyone in the long term.